Telford & Wrekin Council and NHS Telford and Wrekin values and acknowledges the contribution made by family Carers in providing care and support to family members, friends and neighbours across the borough. Locally, we recognise carers play a vital role and should receive appropriate help and support. This support can come in all shapes and sizes as caring affects us in different ways.
Local Offer for Carers
As part of our joint funding arrangement between Telford & Wrekin Council and Telford & Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) the following services are offered for family carers.
- All Age Carers Centre: provides information, advice and support to help you manage your caring role. By registering with the centre you will receive a wellbeing assessment and a quarterly newsletter with access to a wide range of community activities. For further information please see the support and services below or contact the Carers Centre.
- Moving and Handling Advice to Family Carers: increase your confidence in safe handling and take steps to improve your physical well-being. For an assessment call 01952 385385 (when prompted please select option three).
- Admiral Nursing Service: provides information, advice and support to family carers who look after someone with Dementia. For further information contact 01952 607782 and/or speak to your GP.
- Hospital Link Worker for Carers: whilst the person you care for is in hospital there is help and support on offer for you as a carer find out more - whilst the person you care for is in hospital.
The following may be offered to you, depending upon the outcome of your carers assessment.
- Personalised carer support - 25 hours carer respite.
- Counselling - Focusing on all aspects of carer support relating to changes in relationships, changes of role, loss and bereavement.
- Individual payments - this is a financial award to address an identified need.
Why not become a Carers Champion
Telford and Wrekin are asking local businesses, organisations and teams to be a champion for carers. To find out more about being a Local Carers Champion email: email@example.com or telephone: 01952 240209.
Last updated: 01/03/2020 15:35