Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Learning disabilities

If you have or know someone who has a learning disability there are different types of support that may be available.

We will be able to advise you on different types of support that are available dependent upon your needs. At Telford & Wrekin Council we also provide support for people with profound and multiple learning disabilities.

Wellbeing Independence Partnership (WIP)

You can make contact with the Wellbeing Independence Partnership to talk about what support is available to you within your local community.

Telephone: 01952 385385 (when prompted please select option two).

Care Act assessment

You may be eligible for a Care Act assessment. This assessment is focused on the outcomes that you would like to achieve. If you are eligible, we might need to provide prevention and rehabilitation services to improve levels of independence.

View information about the Care Act assessment and who can have a Care Act assessment

Safe places

Visit the Safe places website for information about places in the community that you can go if you are out and about in the community and you feel unsafe, scared or at risk.

Going into hospital

Visit the NHS website for information and tips if you are going into hospital. This includes a hospital passport which you can give to hospital staff so they know how to make you feel comfortable. The passport can detail your likes and dislikes, favourite drink and interests.

Community groups, clubs and services

There are lots of groups, clubs and services in the community that may be of interest to you, take a look on Live Well Telford.

Visit Live Well Telford website for more information on groups. clubs and services

Last updated: 03/01/2024 11:54