Following the launch of the Department for Education Children's Homes and Looked After Children (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2014, and subsequent Children's Homes Regulations 2015, Telford & Wrekin Council has produced a summary of resources to assist managers of children's homes and prospective providers of new children's homes, to:
- carry out a risk assessment of the area before the opening of the home and then at regular intervals
- signpost a range of resources which will assist in the identification of potential risks associated with the local area and
- put in place appropriate safeguards where risks had been identified.
Please refer to the information below to help develop and review the risk assessment:
Once completed, please submit the completed risk assessment to CYPContracts@telford.gov.uk on an annual basis.
The Council's Contracts and Quality Assurance team will respond using the feedback template. It may be useful to use the feedback template as a checklist when developing and reviewing your risk assessment.
Guidance for completing the risk assessment:
Visit the Department for Education website to view the Children's Homes Regulations Amendments 2014, Annex 1 signposts to publicly available data regarding crime and deprivation statistics, as well as school performance information.
Children missing from home/care
Statutory guidance on children who run away or go missing from home or care:
- visit the Department for Education (DfE) website to view the statutory guidance on children who run away or go missing from home or care
- download the West Mercia missing protocol
- download the Telford & Wrekin local missing procedures
- download the procedure flowchart for young people missing in Telford and Wrekin
- download information about the role and responsibility of the private provider
- download information about the role and responsibility of a foster carer
- download the placement notification / termination form and missing risk assessment.
Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
National Working Group - is a charitable organisation formed as a UK network of over 2500 practitioners who disseminate information to professionals working on the issue of child sexual exploitation (CSE) and trafficking within the UK. The website provides updates on national developments, training opportunities and a directory of voluntary, statutory and private services tackling CSE.
The Safer Telford and Wrekin partnership
Is the local community safety partnership between agencies in Telford and Wrekin including West Mercia Police, NHS Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service, Youth Offending Service and Victim Support, to work together to reduce and tackle crime and anti-social behaviour.
Policies and procedures
Services within Telford and Wrekin
View the list of primary, secondary and special schools in Telford and Wrekin, you can also find their respective Ofsted inspection reports.
Last updated: 10/03/2021 10:15