Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Winter fuel payment

If you were born on or before 26 September 1955 you could get between £100 and £300 to help you pay your heating bills. This is known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’.

You will get your Winter Fuel Payment automatically (you do not need to claim) if you’re eligible and either:

  • receive the state pension
  • receive another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit).

Visit the GOV.UK website for more information about the winter fuel payment.  

Image of an elderly lady sat in front of a fire

Last updated: 11/01/2022 12:07