What is this engagement about?
We want to provide quality support in a personalised way so that people with a Learning Disability, their families and carers, can receive the assistance they need to in a way that enhances their independence and enables them to lead meaningful, valued lives within their own communities.
We want people with learning disabilities to:
- live happy, healthy, safe and independent lives
- be respected and have choice and control over decisions that affect them,
- live their lives as active members of their community
- access employment
- have access to the right services.
It is important for us to understand what care and support people with Learning Disabilities need to live independently in their community.
This will enable us to develop a local Learning Disability Strategy which will help us deliver our responsibilities.
The following legislation and guidelines are important:
- The Care Act 2014
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Human Rights Act, 1998
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health Act 2007
- Autism Act 2009
- Transforming Care Programme (TCP)
- Think Local Act Personal.
Last updated: 21/02/2020 14:17