We are required to publish budget and out-turn statements on the planned and actual expenditure on education and children's social care under Section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009.
The budget statements show the planned spending for education in Telford and Wrekin including:
- how much we intend to spend on the non-schools educational budget outside the schools budget and other children's social care
- how much we are proposing to retain centrally within the schools budget for school services
- how the local formula is working to produce budget share for each maintained school in the area
Please view budget statements:
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2018 - 2019
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2017 - 2018
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2016 - 2017
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2015 -2016
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2014 - 2015
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2013 - 2014
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2012 - 2013
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2011 - 2012
- Schools Section 251 budgets 2010 - 2011
- Schools Section 52 budgets 2009 - 2010
Scheme for financing schools
The Telford & Wrekin scheme for financing schools describes the financial relationship between the Council and maintained schools within the area.
The scheme is based upon government guidance but also incorporates local policies, the content of which is discussed and agreed with the local Schools Forum. It is updated each year and the current 2015 Scheme applies to the 2015/16 financial year.