We are required to publish budget and out-turn statements on the planned and actual expenditure on education and children's social care under Section 251 of the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009.
The budget statements show the planned spending for education in Telford and Wrekin including:
- how the authority' allocation of Dedicated School Grant (DSG) is planned to be deployed;
- the authority's planned non DSG education expenditure;
- the authority's expenditure on children's services outside education, e.g. children's social care.
Please view budget statements:
- Section 251 budgets and outturn 2019 - 2020
- Section 251 budgets and outturn 2018 - 2019
- Section 251 budgets and outturn 2017 - 2018
- Section 251 budgets and outturn 2016 - 2017
- Section 251 budgets and outturn 2015 - 2016
- Section 251 budgets and outturn 2014 - 2015
- Section 251 budgets and outturn 2013 - 2014.
Scheme for financing schools.
The Telford & Wrekin scheme for financing schools describes the financial relationship between the Council and maintained schools within the area.
The scheme is based upon government guidance but also incorporates local policies, the content of which is discussed and agreed with the local Schools Forum. It is updated each year and the current 2015 Scheme applies to the 2018/19 financial year.