Your weekly food waste recycling service
Our Contractors, Veolia, will start to deliver the new food waste caddies between the 19 August 2019 to 13 September 2019.
All households will have the choice to recycle their food waste weekly. this will be collected on the same day as your normal recycling and rubbish collection, just pop your outdoor caddy next to your other containers for 7am.
When can you start recycling your food waste?
The weekly service will start from the 2 September 2019 for houses and from the 16 September 2019 for those properties sharing communal containers.
You will receive a new collection calendar in the post by the 30 August with full details of your scheduled collections.
If you live in a household with shared recycling and rubbish containers just empty your food waste into the communal silver top food waste wheelie bin, and this will be emptied every week too.
How to use the caddies
- Line your kitchen caddy with the compostable bag supplied or you can also use kitchen towels/newspaper.
- When your kitchen caddy is full, transfer the contents into your outdoor caddy.
- Put your caddy out for 7am for your weekly collection with your other containers that are scheduled for collection that day.
- If you don't have space to store your indoor caddy, you can put your food waste directly into your outdoor caddy.
- You will receive a roll of compostable bags, when you reach the end of the roll, there is a tag for you to place on your outdoor caddy, when the crew see this, they will leave a new roll for you, if you use a shared outdoor caddy, you can order more bags online
- If you already receive an assisted collection service, please leave your outdoor caddy with your other recycling and rubbish containers for collection as normal.
- Don't forget to check below on what can and cannot be recycled in your food caddy, if your caddy contains the wrong things, we will not be able to collect this, the crew will leave a hanger on your outside caddy to explain the problem and what you need to do.
What can you put in your caddy?
- Food cooked and uncooked.
- Eggs and egg shells.
- Meat and fish.
- Fruit and vegetable.
- Bread and pastries.
- Tea (bagged or loose) and coffee grounds.
- Mouldy or out of date food.
- Pet food.
- All uneaten food including plate scrapings.
- Liquids (i.e. squash, fizzy pop, orange juice, milk).
- Oils and fats.
- Plastic bags.
- Packaging of any sort.
- Animal bedding.
- Animal waste/faeces.
- Cardboard and paper.