Traffic management and road safety questions
Question: Why are traffic signals installed?
Traffic signals are installed for a number of different reasons including:
- To allow the opportunity for minor roads with apparent flows to enter or cross heavy main roads.
- A requirement for controlled pedestrian or cycle crossing facilities.
- To control and assist safe traffic movements where visibility is restricted.
- To reduce traffic related casualties at a site.
- To accommodate a change/increase in traffic associated with an adjacent development.
Do you have a Question?
If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.