Traffic management and road safety questions
Question: Why are alterations made to the highway when there does not seem to be a problem?
Question: Why are traffic signals installed?
Traffic signals are installed for a number of different reasons including:
- To allow the opportunity for minor roads with apparent flows to enter or cross heavy main roads.
- A requirement for controlled pedestrian or cycle crossing facilities.
- To control and assist safe traffic movements where visibility is restricted.
- To reduce traffic related casualties at a site.
- To accommodate a change/increase in traffic associated with an adjacent development.
Question: Why do I sit waiting at a red signal when there are no opposing vehicles?
Question: I have seen traffic signals with right turn arrows that never seem to appear. Why is this?
Question: At pedestrian crossings why does the ‘green man’ time seem so short?
Do you have a Question?
If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.