Please note: there may be delays to processing your request for information due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are endeavouring to do what we can to minimise disruption.
The Freedom of Information (FOI) and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) implement an EU directive that encourages the re-use of Public Sector Information (PSI) for purposes other than its original purpose.
The Regulations do not require public bodies to make their information available for re-use and do not oblige them to create, adapt or continue to produce certain documents so that others may re-use them.
They do however, set out the following rules that public bodies must follow if they allow information to be re-used.
- Publish a list of the main documents which can be re-used, view our Publication Scheme.
- Publish a procedure to enable people to apply for a re-use licence.
- Publish any standard conditions associated with re-use. The licence lists the standard terms and conditions of re-use, which may vary where the information requested has commercial value; view the licence.
- Publish any standard charges associated with re-use. Any charges made will not exceed the cost of collecting, producing and sending out the information. Any fee charged under access legislation (such as FOI/EIR) will be offset against any for re-use.
- Complaints and appeals. If you are unhappy with the way your request has been dealt with you may complain in accordance with the Councils Corporate Complaints Procedure.
How do I make a request?
Please use our online form to make your request.
Discuss a request
If you would like to discuss an existing request or have a general enquiry then please contact the team using the following details.
Information Governance team
Telford & Wrekin Council
Telephone: 01952 382537
Last updated: 19/03/2020 11:09