Essential maintenance to My Telford and the My Telford app

From Friday 22 September 2023 to Monday 25 September 2023, there will be disruption to all online services accessed through My Telford and the My Telford app. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Council Tax Reduction appeals

What to do if you think the decision about your Council Tax Reduction is wrong

If you think the decision we have made is wrong, you can contact us and ask us to look at it again. You must tell us which decision you think is wrong and the reason why. There is no time limit for disputing Council Tax Reduction (formerly Council Tax Support) decisions.

We will then look again at our decision and write to you to tell you whether we have been able to change it. We will explain the reason for our decision. If you still disagree with our decision, you have the right of appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service. We will include details of how to appeal to this service in our decision letter.

If you have not received a response to your initial dispute within two months, visit the Valuation Tribunal Service to appeal

Please note: if you are disputing a decision relating to Council Tax Benefit (which existed up until 31 March 2013), this will be treated in the same way as a Housing Benefit decision.

Download and complete our dispute form to appeal a Council Tax Reduction decision

Alternatively, write to us at:

Telford & Wrekin Council
Revenues and Benefits Service
PO Box 249

What to do if you think the decision about your Housing Benefit is wrong

View information about how to appeal a Housing Benefit decision

Last updated: 28/06/2022 12:08

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact