Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Problems paying your bill

Independent advice and support

If you are worried about debt, are having difficulty paying your bills, or just need some advice or support, there are a number of organisations who offer free and impartial advice.

Use the links below to find out more information about these organisations:

Citizens Advice

Citzens advice telford

Citizens Advice in Telford & Wrekin are based in Wellington. They provide free information and advice on various topics, including: benefits, consumer, debt, discrimination, employment, housing, immigration, legal and relationships.

Telford & Wrekin Council has signed a Council Tax Protocol agreement with Citizens Advice and its Enforcement Agents to ensure we are working to help people pay their Council Tax bills, while allowing them to access debt advice when needed. Download the Council Tax Protocol.

Contact details

In person: 40 Tan Bank, Wellington, Telford, TF1 1HW
Telephone: 0300 330 1165
Website: visit the Telford Citizens Advice website.

StepChange Debt Charity

Step Change Debt Charity

IVAs, Debt Relief Orders and Debt Management Plans are available free of charge to those who need them through the debt advice charity StepChange. Visit the StepChange website to view information about Debt Management Plans. To find your best pathway forward, visit the StepChange website to use their online debt advice service.

Not all debt solutions suit everybody, but by using their tools you can get debt advice tailored to your individual circumstances. As with all of the debt help provided by StepChange, it is completely free of charge.

Contact details

Telephone: 0800 138 1111
Website: visit the StepChange website.

National Debtline

National debtline

Free advice and information is available from this national organisation.

Contact details

Telephone: 0808 808 4000
Website: visit the National Debtline website.

Last updated: 16/06/2023 17:47