Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
Supplementary Planning Documents are documents which provide more detailed policy guidance to complement policies contained within the Local Plan.
Supplementary Planning Documents can take a variety of forms. For example they can cover particular topics such as affordable housing or open space in more detail, or contain design guidance on issues such as reducing crime, or they can be spatial, such as a master plan for a site. Telford & Wrekin Council's adopted SPDs are listed below.
Design for Community Safety SPD
This document was produced in partnership with West Mercia Police and Telford and Wrekin's Safer Communities Team to promote well designed, safe and accessible developments and environments where crime, the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour are minimised.
- Download the Design for Community Safety Supplementary Planning Document (July 2008).
- Visit the West Mercia police website to find your local crime prevention design adviser.
Shop Fronts, Signage and Design Guidance in Conservation Areas SPD
The Telford & Wrekin Council Shop Fronts and Signage Design Guidance in Conservation Areas Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is a design guide to provide guidance to property owners and developers regarding shop fronts and signage on period buildings in conservation areas.
Please view the following documents for information on the Shop Fronts and Signage Design Guidance in Conservation Areas SPD:
- download the Shop Fronts, Signage and Design Guidance in Conservation Areas SPD
- download the SPD Consultation Statement
- download the SPD Sustainability Appraisal
- download the SPD Adoption Statement.
This document sets out detailed guidance on the consideration of planning applications for telecommunications development by Telford & Wrekin Council.
Last updated: 21/10/2021 09:20