#Telfordcarers - we need you
Last week, our domiciliary care providers delivered 19,000 hours of domiciliary care to nearly 1000 people. This care helped get people home from hospital quickly, and is helping others stay well in their own home.
Our demand for this service is increasing and we need more people to work for our agencies delivering this essential care. Nationally there is a huge demand for people who can provide quality home care and there is currently a nationwide campaign promoting #everydayisdiffernt when working in care.
If you are looking for a full time, part time, weekend, evenings work or only few hours on a Wednesday for example – this could be the step for you:
Take our quiz on what it means to care.
Are you ready to care? If so please visit the websites below to contact our local providers who we currently have contracts with and who are looking to recruit:
- My Options Activity Wellbeing and Care Services
- 1st Enable Limited
- ABICS - Headway Shropshire
- Allied Healthcare
- Brockton Care Ltd
- Care Avenues Limited
- Carers Trust 4all
- CareTech Community Services Limited
- Carradice care Ltd
- Choice Care Group
- Choices Housing Association
- Cloverley care Ltd
- Complesso Healthcare Solutions
- Creative Support
- Daily Care 4U (Telford) Ltd
- Dimensions (UK) Ltd
- Direct Health
- Eden Futures
- Empowering U Care Ltd
- Essence Telford Ltd
- Helping Hands Home Care
- Home Farm Trust
- Ignite Health & Homecare Services Ltd
- Interserve Healthcare Ltd
- JK Caring for you
- Kare Plus Ltd
- Lorac Healthcare Ltd
- Martworld Care Services Ltd
- Nutrix Curae Care Ltd
- Paradigm Health & Social Care Ltd
- Promises of care
- Quil care Group
- Rainbow Care Solutions
- Royal Mencap Society
- Sanctuary Home Care
- Serenity always Ltd
- Sentinel Care
- Supreme Home Care
- Swanton Care and Community
- The Care Bureau Ltd
- The Wrekin Housing Group Ltd
- Transparent Care
- TS Healthcare Ltd
- We are the care company Ltd.
Are you not quite ready? Then download a list of free courses we have on offer to help you to be ready.
Want to talk to someone about being a care worker – talk to our Skills team on 01952 382888.
Right Help – Right Time
We’re taking a new approach to the way we provide support and personal care.
Any one of us may need support at one time or another and we’d all like to think that the care we receive has been designed with us in mind.
We would like to help people build on their resilience to stay independent and remain in their community
To achieve that, we’re looking for people who can bring passion, commitment and new ideas.
As well as established providers, we welcome bids from charities and individuals as long as they meet certain criteria.
If you’re interested in bidding, the first step is to register with our Dynamic Purchasing System, even if you are already providing care and/or support services.
In 2016 Telford & Wrekin Council implemented a DPS for Support and Personal Care Services for Adults and Children. A DPS is similar to a traditional Framework Agreement where a list of accredited Providers is procured, but with more flexibilities, as follows:
- a DPS is always open for Providers to apply for accreditation
- providers can reapply with improved policies or processes should they be unsuccessful
- the term of the DPS can be reduced or increased at any time with sufficient notice given to Providers
- there is no limit on the number of Providers who can be accredited
- flexibility to adapt or add to the Service Specification and Categories while in use
- a flexible approach to Tendering for either ‘spot‘ or ‘block’ requirements in shorter timescales
- utilisation of the Standard Selection Questionnaire for avoidance of duplication in accreditation.
This DPS is an Agreement for Support and Personal Care Services that works to The Authority Commitment Statement; Right Help, Right Time to Promote Independence. It is aligned to the national range of Government policies and initiatives for Support and Personal Care services and The Authority seeks Providers who are focussed on a whole family approach. The Specification covers all Support and Care in the Community, including all Children’s and Adults requirements, whether that be Support, traditional Domiciliary Care or Complex Care. We offer the opportunity for non CQC Registered Organisations to be accredited for provision of Support, where Personal Care is not necessary.
If you’re interested in bidding, the first step is to register, even if you are already providing care and/or support services. Please register your interest and follow the on-screen instructions. If you have any questions, there’s a Message Centre there for you to submit them.
If you require support to go through the process, we will arrange sessions at a local library to support potential bidders. If you would like to attend, please also use the Message Centre to indicate your interest.
Last updated: 05/06/2019 09:53