Whether you are running a business, are an employee or a member of the public, we are committed to providing you with an efficient, courteous and helpful service.
We deliver services in a number of areas:
- Food safety: hygiene standards, food safety, imported foods, food fraud, primary authority, food sampling, food labelling nutrition, food related illness, FHRS, new business advice and consumer complaints.
- Health and safety: accident investigations, safety and welfare standards, risk based inspections, new business advice, national interventions, tattooists, ear piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture registration and consumer complaints.
- Industrial pollution: permitted processes, contaminated land, air quality, pollution incident investigations; private water supplies, petroleum licensing and planning consultations.
- Domestic pollution: nuisance investigations and noise accumulations.
- Housing: privately rented houses; HMO’s filthy and verminous premises and overcrowding.
- Trading standards: animal health, door step crime, rogue traders, trade mark, weights and measures, explosives and fireworks and product safety.
- Licensing: alcohol premise licensing, gambling, hackneys and private hire vehicles and drivers, pet shops, kennels and catteries, riding establishments, zoo's, dangerous wild animals and caravan sites.
- The service works in partnership with different council services and public sector agencies to create a multi-functional team, to tackle issues of crime, disorder, illegal parking and anti-social behaviour within our borough towns and communities. The team leads on Environmental and Highway enforcement, as well as with Civil Parking enforcement, managing the CCTV systems covering the Borough, and are responsible for the management of the Southwater Multi Storey Car Park.
Last updated: 20/07/2022 09:35