Parents or carers of two year olds who meet the criteria can apply for a free early learning place to fund childcare sessions for 15 hours per week flexibly, 38 weeks of the year from the term after their second birthday.
Free childcare places can be taken flexibly between 7am and 7pm however the following applies:
- maximum of 10 hours in one day
- minimum of 2.5 hours in one day
- no more than 15 hours over 2 days.
Where sessional care is offered these can be:
- 5 hours per day over 3 days
- 3 hours per day over 5 days.
|A child born in the period||Will become eligible for a free place|
|1 April - 31 August||Start of Autumn term (following child's 2nd birthday)|
|1 September - 31 December||Start of Spring term (following child's 2nd birthday)|
|1 January - 31 March||Start of Summer term (following child's 2nd birthday)|
- Find a nursery provider.
- Telford & Wrekin preferred 2 year old nursery provider list.
- Financial support and help with childcare costs.
For more information about the different types of childcare and childminding available to you or what offer is available in your choice of provision please contact the Family Connect team or download our leaflet:
Telephone: 01952 385385