Parents or carers of two year olds who meet the criteria can apply for a free early learning place to fund childcare sessions for 15 hours per week flexibly, 38 weeks of the year from the term after their second birthday.
Free childcare places can be taken flexibly between 6am and 8pm however the following applies:
- no session to be longer than 10 hours
- no minimum session length (subject to the requirements of registration on the Ofsted Early Years Register)
- not before 6am or after 8pm
- a maximum of two sites in a single day.
Where sessional care is offered these can be:
- 5 hours per day over 3 days
- 3 hours per day over 5 days.
Free places can be delivered:
- over up to 52 weeks of the year if the parents is stretching their child's entitlement
- outside of maintained school term times
- at weekends.
|A child born in the period||Will become eligible for a free place|
|1 April - 31 August||Start of Autumn term (following child's 2nd birthday)|
|1 September - 31 December||Start of Spring term (following child's 2nd birthday)|
|1 January - 31 March||Start of Summer term (following child's 2nd birthday)|
- Visit the Live Well Telford website to find a nursery provider.
- Download the Telford and Wrekin preferred 2 year old nursery provider list.
- View information about financial support and help with childcare costs.
For more information about the different types of childcare and childminding available to you or what offer is available in your choice of provision please contact the Family Connect team or download our leaflet:
Telephone: 01952 385385
Last updated: 13/01/2022 14:30