Bulky household items such as furniture and electrical appliances cannot be collected as part of your normal bin collection.
|Items we will collect||Items we will NOT collect|
How much will it cost
From 1 April 2017 the prices for arranging a bulky collection are
|Number of Items||Charge|
|1 - 3||£18|
|4 - 6||£36|
|7 - 9||£54|
|10 - 12||£72|
Please note your collection booking must be paid for in advance of the collection date, if applicable.
Amendments/changes to your collection:
- if you need to amend the items for your collection or change your bulk collection date, you must contact us within two working days of your scheduled bulk collection date to do so.
- refunds will only be given (if applicable) if your bulk collection is cancelled within two working days of your scheduled bulk collection date.
A discount is available to residents who meet one of the following conditions:
- Telford Loyalty Card (TLC) holders receive a 10% discount – your TLC number must be provided when booking.
- households where a resident is 65 years of age or over receive one free bulk collection during 2017/2018 – your date of birth must be provided when booking.
- residents in receipt of Council Tax Support or Housing Benefit receive a 25% discount – your reference number must be provided when booking.
- residents who have a long standing illness or disability that limits your daily activities receive one free collection during 2017/2018.
Preparing for collection
- leave all items out from 7am on the day of collection and are easily accessible.
- If you are leaving items out before your scheduled collection, please cover any fabric based items to ensure they do not get waterlogged.
- make sure items are outside your property in your garden or driveway and are all in one place, please do not leave on public land.
- remove any nails from wood or furniture.
- tie, tape or bundle large amounts of wood like flooring, old furniture units, branches or hedging.
- tape up any glass - we can only lift panes of glass if they are still in their frame and have been taped over.
- leave items inside your property, we can't enter parts of your home, like garages and sheds, to collect items.
- leave out any items other than those you originally booked with us - we can’t collect them.
- leave out waterlogged carpets or mattresses.