Change to collection days
Remember your collection day may have changed over the bank holiday! Please check your calendar before reporting a missed collection, did you put your containers out on the correct day? View details of the collection day changes.
Checklist before reporting a missed collection
- your bins and containers are in the correct location
- you put your bins and containers out by 7am
- your bins and containers do not contain items that we can not accept, please view which bins and containers to use.
- The missed collection is not due to a bank holiday.
- There are no unscheduled disruptions to the service (such as adverse weather).
Purple top bin
- Was your bin presented before 7am on your scheduled collection day? If the crews have already been in your street and you did not have your bin out in time, you will need to present your bin again on your next scheduled collection, you can also put additional recycling out also, if you feel you can't wait until your next collection we can arrange for our contractors to return to empty the bin for a fee.
The wrong recycling items are in the purple top bin - if you have put the wrong recycling items in the purple bin (i.e. paper/card), please remove them and present again in the correct containers for your next scheduled collection, you can put additional recycling out also, if you feel you can't wait until your next scheduled collection day we can arrange for our contractors to return and empty the purple top bin for a fee.
My bin is contaminated with general rubbish? - you need to remove this from the purple top bin before your next scheduled collection, you can either put the refuse in your Red top bin, take it to the Community Recycling Centre or we can arrange for our contractors to return to empty the purple top bin for a fee.
Response times for re-collection
- Reported missed collection before 12noon on same day - will be collected by end of the same day.
- Reported missed collection after 12noon on same day - will be collected by 12noon the next day.
Please note: If you are making this request outside normal office hours (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm), on a weekend or bank holiday it will be dealt with on the next working day.