On Monday 3 October 2016 we opened our new Household Recycling Centres (HRC's) at Hortonwood 50 and Halesfield 1, Ketley and Granville HRC's closed on Sunday 2 October 2016. View more information about the changes to HRC's.
Both HRC’s will be open open seven days a week, 9am – 5pm, 362 days a year.
All sites will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Depending on what type of vehicle you are using when visiting our HRC, you may require a permit, these can be used at either HRC site - see below for more information.
New e-permits system begins Monday 16 January 2017
From Monday 16 January 2017 we will no longer be issuing paper permits, instead you will need to register for an e-permit. Paper permits will still be accepted until 31 March 2017.
E-permits will now be allocated to the property, vehicle details are no longer required, before you request your e-permits please check if your vehicle type is allowed access to our HRC sites and if it requires an e-permit.
To obtain an e-permit you must first sign-up for a My Telford account and then select the ' Recycling permits' link to register for an e-permit.
Once you have registered for your e-permit, just pop along to either HRC site with your driving licence as proof of address and a site operative will verify your information.
Please note only residents of Telford and Wrekin are eligible for e-permits.
Don't forget that we have a kerbside collection for all cardboard, paper, plastic bottles, plastic tubs and trays, tins, glass, batteries (not car) and energy saving light bulbs.
Please help us to recycle as much as possible by separating your items before you visit the site. If you bring black bags of mixed rubbish then staff on site may sort through the bags to make sure we are recycling as much as possible and therefore stopping unnecessary amounts of recycling going to landfill.
Hortonwood 50, Hortonwood, Telford, TF1 7AA
Halesfield 1, Halesfield, Telford, TF7 4LN
If you are taking your household waste to our HRC using any of the following then you will require an e-Permit:
Each household can receive a maximum of 10 permits per year and this will allow them to dispose of any household waste items which can not be placed inside the red top bin.
To request your permits please apply online through your MyTelford account.
Once you have applied you just need to take your driving licence as proof of address when you visit the HRC site.
- car with trailer (regardless of trailer size)
- campervan with trailer (regardless of trailer size)
- people carrier with trailer (regardless of trailer size)
- 4x4 with trailer (regardless of trailer size, please note no flatbed vehicles accepted on site)
- 4x4 with no rear windows/rear seats (no flatbed vehicles accepted on site)
- 4x4 with open back or back that is separate to the main cab such as a closed cab pick up (no flatbed vehicles accepted on site)
- vans or commercial vehicle (must be under 3.5 tonnes, no flatbeds or over 5.5 metres in length)
- pick up truck (no flatbed vehicles accepted on site).
Vehicles that do not require a permit:
- car (unless using a trailer)
- 4x4 with rear seats
- campervan (unless using a trailer) - please note vehicles over 5.5 metres in length are not permitted on site.
- people carrier (unless using a trailer)
From Monday 16 January 2017 you will need a valid e-permit to visit our HRC's when using a hire vehicle.
The following vehicle types are not allowed to access our HRC sites:
- van or commercial vehicle over 3.5 tonnes
- vehicles over 5.5m long
- agricultural vehicles
- flatbed vehicles
- horse boxes or horse trailers
- tipper vehicles
- luton box vans
Please note: if you have paid for work to be done at your property, the waste resulting from this is classified as Commercial Waste and can not be taken to either of our HRC's.
Commercial/business waste is not accepted at our HRC's, please check our Commercial Waste page for more information on how to dispose of or arrange for a collection.
View our Trade Waste Declaration for more information.
- What can I take where?
- Hazardous household waste
- Trade or business waste
- Where is the nearest recycling bank?
- What happens if I leave rubbish outside the gates?
If you bring black bags of mixed rubbish then staff on site may sort through the bags to make sure we are recycling as much as possible and therefore stopping unnecessary amounts of recycling going to landfill.