Household recycling centres are open with site rules in place
Updated 8 November 2021
From Sunday 1 November 2021 the HRCs opening hours returned to 9am - 5pm seven days a week.
Please note: that in ensuring our HRC sites are fully COVID-19 compliant, eventualities may arise where last entry is earlier than advertised meaning entry may be refused upon arrival.
Household recycling centres at Halesfield and Hortonwood are expected to be busy, with queues at times. Visitors are advised to wear face coverings during their visit and keep to a safe distance.
If you do need to visit the recycling centres, be prepared to queue, please be patient and follow the site rules.
Site rules will be displayed on site. Please also follow the advice of the operatives on the ground as they are there to help you.
View the queue
View the queue cameras are available at both HRCs. Please note: the camera will show if there is a queue at the entrance to the site, not how long the queue is. Queues are unpredictable and change quickly.
If you are experiencing issues with viewing the cameras, clear your browser history on your device, this should resolve the problems, to do this go to settings and select clear your cache or browser history.
Plan your visit
To speed up your visit to the sites, separate your items before heading out, this will enable you to complete your visit quickly and safely, especially if you are not familiar with the location of the recycling/disposal containers at the sites, please download a site map, this will really help plan your journey effectively and efficiently.
Site rules in place
- Anyone who is self-isolating or has COVID-19 symptoms must not visit our HRC site. Visit the NHS website to find out the symptoms of COVID-19.
- The public are advised to wear face coverings whilst visiting either sites and maintain a safe distance.
- Should you need help unloading your recycling and waste please speak to an operative and ensure you are wearing a mask and maintaining a safe distance, thank you.
- Depending on the size of your vehicle, you may require an e-permit to visit our HRCs. This also applies to vehicles with trailers. View more information about E-permits and the vehicle types allowed at our HRCs.
- No trade or commercial waste will be accepted.
- View the frequently asked questions about the HRCs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note: until Saturday 30 October 2021 Halesfield and Hortonwood HRCs are open from 9am - 5pm Sunday to Friday and 8am - 6pm on a Saturday. We ask you to treat the HRC team and other users with respect at all times.
Operatives are following Government and industry guidance on personal hygiene and you are urged to do the same by using hand sanitiser and washing your hands on your return home, remember 'Hands - Face - Space'.
Telford and Wrekin HRCs cannot legally accept business or trade waste, e.g. waste from a builder or other tradesman carrying our work to a house he does not live in, waste from a landlord of a property, or someone offering to clear any rubbish from a house which isn't their own.
Last updated: 08/11/2021 13:46