The purpose of the Health and Wellbeing Board is to ensure that the Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group work effectively together in planning health and social care services to improve health and wellbeing in Telford and Wrekin as well as promote integrated working among local providers.
- view information on the ongoing development of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
- download the Health and Wellbeing Strategy for more information on developing a high-level, all age Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- establishment of sound joint commissioning arrangements
- maintaining effective relationships between the Health Scrutiny Committee and other partnerships
- view information on the Pharmacy Needs Assessment (PNA).
Priorities and strategy
In February 2020, the Health and Wellbeing board accepted the refresh proposals for the Telford and Wrekin Health and Wellbeing Strategy before the full scale of the COVID-19 pandemic was understood. Therefore, in June 2020, a new Health and Wellbeing Strategy was approved, which built upon the proposals with the additional priority to reflect new problems that had arisen as a result of the pandemic.
In developing its priorities and strategy, the process included a review of local intelligence, engagement workshop sessions with voluntary sector partners as well as a joint session between members of the Health and Wellbeing Board and the Telford and Wrekin Integrated Place Partnership to review progress and align priorities. Likewise, the strategy looked to align itself to the Telford and Wrekin Annual Public Health report recommendations and the commitments of the Long Term Plan for 2019 - 2024 by the Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Sustainability and Transformation Partnership.
The four cross-cutting priorities where the Board wants to make the fastest progress are:
- develop, evolve and deliver the Telford and Wrekin Integrated Place Partnership Priority Programs
- tackling health inequalities in the Borough
- improve emotional and mental wellbeing
- protect people's health from infectious diseases and other threats.
Last updated: 11/01/2023 15:09