It is a sad fact that domestic abuse can increase or begin during pregnancy.
The abuser may prevent mum-to-be from attending ante-natal care and medical appointments.
What are the physical affects of abuse during pregnancy?
- still birth
- bleeding from the birth canal and vagina
- waters may be broken prematurely
- foetal bruising and fractures
- premature labour
- insufficient weight gain and low birth weights
- vaginal, cervical and kidney infections.
Mum-to-be may turn to alcohol or drugs as a way of coping which will have a bad effect on the unborn child.
Last updated: 09/03/2021 12:31