Household Recycling Centres are open with site rules in place. (Updated 8 June 2020 at 5pm)
Recycling centres at Halesfield and Hortonwood are expected to be very busy with long queues, so please think carefully about whether you need to visit the sites, please continue to use all the recycling and waste collection services as much as possible and continue to store your other waste at home if you can, until the service is back to normal.
If you can’t store your waste safely, be prepared to queue, follow the site rules and please be patient.
Veolia will be operating on site with the following rules. There are also specific rules for each site which will be displayed on site. Please ensure you are familiar with the rules and follow the advice of the operatives on the ground as they are there to help you.
View the Queue - this is currently unavailable as the cameras are sited at the entrance of the HRCs only and do not accurately reflect the length of the queues for the sites.
Rules in place will include:
- Anyone who is self-isolating or has COVID-19 symptom's MUST NOT visit our HRC sites.
- Priority will be given to Telford and Wrekin residents - proof of address will be required for spot checking purposes.
- A strict limit to the number of vehicles allowed on site at any one time.
- As a rule, only one person will be allowed to get out to unload.
- Cars with trailers and larger vehicles (including vans and pickups) will require an E-permit to use the sites. Please check before you visit to confirm whether you will need an E-permit.
- No trade or commercial waste will be accepted.
- Chemicals can not be accepted at the moment. They will need to be stored safely at home until we are able to safely process them. We will publicise when we are able to accept these materials.
- The public must respect the strict 2 metre rule both from staff and other site users.
- Veolia staff will be unable to assist with unloading vehicles.
- Pedestrians walking in with waste will not be accepted.
There may be staff from Telford & Wrekin Council's Traffic Management team on site to help and staff from Veolia will be at the gates and inside to guide residents during their visit. Please listen and follow their instructions; they are there to help you and make sure you stay safe and complete your trip in as quick a time as possible.
Please note that the extra rules and guidelines in place will inevitably cause delays and we ask you to be patient. Our staff are working hard in difficult circumstances to keep the sites operating and we ask you to treat them with respect at all times.
Veolia takes their responsibility for your health and safety and that of their staff very seriously. Operatives are following Government and industry guidance on personal hygiene and you are urged to do the same by using hand sanitiser and washing your hands on your return home.
Telford and Wrekin HRCs cannot legally accept business or trade waste, e.g. waste from a builder or other tradesman carrying our work to a house he does not live in, waste from a landlord of a property, or someone offering to clear any rubbish from a house which isn't their own.
We remind you to please think carefully before you decide to visit the site. Non-essential use puts yourself, other members of the public and our staff at risk from spreading coronavirus COVID-19.
Last updated: 30/06/2020 09:38