Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.


Does your vehicle need permission to visit the Household Recycling Centres (HRCs)?

Depending on what type of vehicle you are using when visiting the household recycling centres (HRCs), you may require an E-permit, these can be used at either HRC site. 

Please check the vehicles tab for more information on vehicles that can visit the HRCs with or without an e-permit and vehicles that are excluded from visiting the HRCs.

What are E-permits?

  • An E-permit is allocated to a household (Telford and Wrekin households only) and allows the residents of the household to use a vehicle larger than an ordinary car to dispose of their household waste.
  • Each household can receive a maximum of ten permits per 12 month rolling period and this will allow them to dispose of any household waste items generated at their property which can not be placed inside the red top bin.
  • You will need to provide proof of your address (recent utility bill or drivers licence) when visiting the HRCs as your E-permit will be validated electronically by a site operative.
  • There is no expiry date for the e-permits to be used. You will even get a reminder email when you have one E-permit left to use, to check when you can apply for more, details of how many E-permits you have left to use are found on your My Telford dashboard.
  • We no longer require the make/model or registration of the vehicle when applying for E-permits.

Please note: that an E-permit does not allow you, under any circumstances, to deposit trade waste at the HRCs.

View information about disposing your commercial waste and recycling

Want to speed up your visit?

To speed up your visit to the sites, separate your items before heading out, this will enable you to complete your visit quickly and safely, especially if you are not familiar with the location of the recycling/disposal containers at the sites, please download a site map, this will really help plan your journey effectively and efficiently.

Download the Halesfield HRC site map to help you plan your visit

Download the Hortonwood HRC site map to help you plan your visit

Important information for Shropshire Council residents

Please note, Telford and Wrekin Council residents and Shropshire Council Residents are able to use the HRCs in both Telford & Wrekin Council and Shropshire Council authority areas

For those residents who pay their council tax to Shropshire Council, you must apply to them directly for permits.

Apply for a permit from Shropshire Council

Please note: if you live outside of Telford & Wrekin Council or Shropshire Council authority areas you will not be able to apply for permits to use the HRCs in these areas.

Last updated: 23/05/2024 11:14

  1. Introduction
  2. Vehicles
  3. Apply
  4. Contact