Telford & Wrekin Council believe that all customers should receive a good standard of customer service.
Our promise to you
- deal with you politely and respectfully
- respond to you promptly without jargon and in plain English
- provide clear information and advice about our services on our website
- explain our decisions and the reasons for them
- admit when things go wrong and do our best to put them right
- be honest and realistic, only making promises we can deliver, making the best use of the resources we have
- listen to your views on our services to help us improve and make changes to them; you can use our comments, compliments and complaints form to give us this feedback.
We ask you to:
- tell us as soon as possible when things go wrong
- let us know in good time if you can’t make an appointment with us
- treat us politely and with respect, and understand that we will not tolerate abusive language or threatening behaviour towards our staff or other people using our services
- use our online services first, if you are able to
- let us know if you have received an outstanding service.
Customer Service Standards
When you visit our website, we will:
- make it easy for you to report issues, apply for services online and find the information you need
- provide you with the ability to create your own personal My Telford account in order to access council services online
- ensure we continue to provide alternative access routes to our services other than online for those citizens who are digitally-excluded and vulnerable.
If you email or contact us online, we will:
- respond to you within 5 working days; you will either receive a full response to your enquiry, or you be given details of who is dealing with the matter and how long they will need to respond fully.
If you contact us by social media (Facebook or Twitter), we will:
- respond to your question or enquiry within 4 working hours.
If you contact us by telephone using our call centres, we will:
- aim to answer 95% of all calls within a maximum of 10 minutes
- provide you with a call back facility, so you don’t have to wait in a queue during our busy times; if we promise to call you back, we will call you when we say we will
- use automated voice services, where appropriate, to provide immediate answers to questions such as ‘what is my bin collection day?'.
If you make an appointment to visit us, where possible, we will:
- confirm the appointment in writing, normally by email or text message
- send you a reminder about the appointment by email or text message 24 hours beforehand
- see you within your appointed time, or if there is a delay, explain why and keep you informed
- provide a clean, tidy and comfortable waiting area, and wherever possible a space for you to see us in private, if required.
If we visit you, we will:
- normally agree a date and time with you
- show you our identify card before coming into your home
- tell you as soon as possible if we are delayed, or have to postpone or cancel our visit.
Last updated: 15/04/2019 09:55