Telford & Wrekin Council has discretion to give relief in exceptional circumstances. Any award should be shown to be in the interest of council taxpayers as part of the cost of the award will be borne by the Council.
A successful applicant will need to demonstrate that each of the following three conditions has been met:
- that hardship is being endured
- that the business is viable and that the granting of relief will help to ensure the future of the business
- that the business benefits the local community.
Prior to the award being made, the business is expected to have taken appropriate action to mitigate or alleviate their hardship by:
- speaking to the Council’s Business Support team and/or taking professional business advice
- reviewing their pricing structure
- re-negotiating with creditors, including the landlord regarding rent (where appropriate)
- have a business plan in place to address the hardship.
Complete our online form to apply for hardship relief
Last updated: 15/08/2022 10:56