Please note: Some websites offer to assist with Blue Badge applications and charge a fee of around £50. You should only complete the “official application”, available via the link below, at a cost of £10.
Please note: If you are applying on behalf of an organisation, the online application process is currently unavailable. Contact the Blue Badge team to request an organisational application form.
If you are unable to complete an application form online, please request help from a relative or family friend. If this is not possible, please call our Contact Centre on 01952 383838 for further help and advice.
Your Blue Badge
Once you have completed your online application, you will be given a tracking reference number. Please email your tracking reference number, name and address to BlueBadge@telford.gov.uk, along with with the following documents:
- view our eligibility page for proof of eligibility
- proof of your identity
- proof of address
- a recent passport-style photograph (if you haven’t already uploaded one via the online form).
What happens next?
We will contact you within 10 working days of submitting your application to:
- tell you whether your application has been successful
- ask you to attend a mobility assessment
- ask you to provide further documentation
- if your application has been unsuccessful, we will explain the reasons why it has not been approved.
If your application is successful, you will receive your badge around 5-7 days after submission.
- A Blue Badge is normally valid for 3 years and costs £10.
- You can pay for your Blue Badge when you apply online.
- Alternatively, you can pay over the phone, once your application has been approved.
Visit the GOV.UK website to renew your badge online up to 10 weeks before your old one expires. However, we will also send you a reminder letter. Please remember to inform us if you change address.
Once you have completed your online application, remember to email your tracking reference number, name and address to BlueBadge@telford.gov.uk, along with the relevant proof.
Proof of eligibility
- a letter dated within the last 12 months that shows entitlement to either the High Rate Component of Disability Living Allowance - Mobility, or
- a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) letter that shows 8 points or more of the “moving around” mobility component of PIP (please provide all pages of your award letter - which shows the number of points you have been awarded for the “moving around” mobility component of PIP), or
- proof of being registered blind (i.e. a registration card), or
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement, or
- proof of lump sum benefit from an Armed Forces Compensation payment (within tariff levels 1-8).
Proof of identity:
- an original birth or adoption certificate, marriage or divorce certificate, or
- a valid photo card, driving licence or passport.
Proof of address:
- a council tax or utility bill, or
- a benefit award letter, or
- a letter from a hospital addressed to you at your home and dated within the last 12 months.
A digital photograph of the full head of the badge holder, facing forwards, looking straight at the camera (without anyone else visible) is required and must be:
- in colour
- in a JPG or GIF document format
- a maximum image size of 200 KB
- taken within the last 12 months
- free from red-eye, shadows, reflections or glare from spectacles
- in sharp focus and clear.
Last updated: 11/02/2021 13:46