Telford & Wrekin's Dementia Local Offer
Finding out more about Dementia
There are lots of websites that provide information about Dementia/Alzheimer's:
- NHS website - an introduction to dementia
- Alzheimers website - dementia: reducing your risk
- Alzheimers website - have you been diagnosed with dementia?
- NHS website - young onset dementia - video clip
- NHS website - dementia - end of life care
- Alzheimers website - alzheimer's society fact sheets.
Carer and Family Support
If you are a carer for someone who has Dementia/Alzheimer's support is available for you.
View the Looking after someone information pages which details the offer for carers in Telford and Wrekin and how you can access a carers assessment.
- Alzheimers website - caring for a persons with dementia factsheets.
- NHS website - looking after someone with dementia.
- Shropshire community health website - admiral nurse (mental health nurses specialising in dementia care) service for carers of people with a dementia.
Making Telford Dementia Friendly
Become a dementia friend - a dementia friend is somebody that learns about dementia so they can help their community.
This is me - this is me provides information about the person at the time the document is completed. It can help health and social care professionals to build a better understanding of who the person really is.
Last updated: 9.33am on Wednesday 5 June 2019