Telford & Wrekin's Dementia Local Offer
- Download the Telford and Wrekin Dementia strategy 2016 - 2020.
- Download a guide to dementia care in Telford and Wrekin.
Finding out more about dementia
There are lots of websites that provide information about dementia / alzheimer's:
- visit the NHS website to view an introduction to dementia
- visit the Alzheimers website for information about reducing the risk of dementia
- visit the Alzheimers website for advice and support if you have been diagnosed with dementia
- visit the NHS website for information about the young onset of dementia
- visit the NHS website for information about dementia end of life care
- visit the Alzheimers website to view society fact sheets.
Carer and family support
If you are a carer for someone who has dementia / alzheimer's support is available for you.
View our section on looking after someone, which details the offer for carers in Telford and Wrekin and how you can access a carers assessment.
- Visit the Alzheimers website to view fact sheets about caring for a person with dementia.
- Visit the NHS website for information about looking after someone with dementia.
- Visit the Shropshire Community Health website for information about the Admiral Nurse Service, for carers of people with dementia.
Making Telford dementia friendly
A dementia friend is somebody that learns about dementia so they can help their community.
Too many people affected by dementia feel that society fails to understand the condition they live with. Dementia Friends help by raising awareness and understanding, so that people living with dementia can continue to live in the way they want.
'This is me' is a simple leaflet for anyone receiving professional care who is living with dementia or experiencing delirium or other communication difficulties. It can be used to record details about a person who can't easily share information about themselves.
Last updated: 25/05/2022 10:18