You can find information about who we are as an employer and the benefits of working for Telford & Wrekin Council on our main recruitment pages, the additional benefits listed below are for social work professionals only.
View information about rewards and benefits
Find out more information about the council plan and priorities as these shape and influence what we do and how we do it if we are to continue to create a better borough.
- Qualified Social Worker - PO2, £32,234 - £38,228*
- Experienced Social Worker - PO3, £40,410 - £43,245*
Plus Welcome Payment of £5,000 for all experienced Social Workers commencing in post in our Family Safeguarding Service as new employees of Telford & Wrekin Council.
*Salaries include market factor where applicable.
We value our social work practitioners and offer staff rewards and benefits including:
- Free on-site parking.
- Full reimbursement of your annual Social Work England registration fee.
- Essential car user allowance.
- Relocation support.
- Flexible and mobile working policy - we are well adapted to a hybrid model of working which includes a combination of time spent in the office and at home – our approach is to promote greater level of flexible working around personal and family commitments.
Employees will also be encouraged to visit partner agencies as part of their induction to the team; these agencies include:
- Health Visiting and School Nurse Services
- Local Children’s Centres and Family Support Services
- The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Drug and Alcohol Support Services
- Children’s Advocacy Services.
Employees will be provided with opportunities to shadow and co-work as part of their induction where possible.
How will I find a home?
There are many reputable estate agents in the Borough.
Private lettings are available from ‘Nuplace’ who give priority to social work professionals. Visit the Nuplace website to rent a home.
Last updated: 11/01/2023 15:02