Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Personal Adviser (PA) for eligible, relevant and former relevant young people

Your PA will work with you, your social worker, foster carer or keyworker and other people who are important to you to support you to develop your life skills and become more independent.

Your PA will aim to meet with you at least every eight weeks up to age 21. You will be able to continue to get support from your PA up to the age of 25 if you would like it, it makes no difference if you are in education, employment or training. This is to make sure you have the same support like other young people living with their parents.

Where you are receiving a service from adult social care, a Leaving Care PA may not be directly involved, they will keep in touch with your accommodation provider and adult social worker every 13 weeks and keep your Pathway Plan up to date from your Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and your Adult Social Care Support Plan.

A Pathway Plan is a written document that looks at what skills you have and identify what skills you need to develop as you progress towards adulthood. Your Pathway Plan helps you to set goals and identify what needs to done, who will do the tasks and by when.

Every young person’s Pathway Plan is different and your Pathway Plan will vary depending on the support you need. We will review your plan every six months with you, from 16-18 by your Social Worker and from 18 to 21 by your PA and possibly up to 25.

We will aim to make sure you have the same PA while the team work with you, but sometimes this may change. We also have Duty PAs that you can call on 01952 385817 if your PA is not available.

If you are not happy with your support, it is an important life skill to try and resolve any issues. You can speak to the leaving care team manager see useful contact details.

Meet the team

Last updated: 30/06/2023 13:21