Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Council Tax appeals

If you think your council tax bill is wrong please tell us as soon as possible. 

Please state clearly why you disagree with our decision and provide supporting evidence where possible.

Remember, you must continue to make payments whilst you are appealing. If your appeal is successful you will be entitled to a refund.

You can appeal your council tax liability if:

  • we have sent the bill to the wrong person
  • your home should be exempt from Council Tax
  • the amount of the bill is incorrect for example, if you think you should have a discount.

Appeals can be made in writing to:

Telford & Wrekin Council
Revenues Service
PO Box 249
TF3 4LP.

Or email us at council.tax@telford.gov.uk.

If we agree that your bill is wrong we will send you a new one. If we decide the bill is correct we will contact you giving a full explanation.

Last updated: 04/08/2022 12:47

  1. Introduction
  2. Challenge your property banding
  3. Contact