- we stopped replacing blue boxes in April 2014, please place all cardboard and paper in the blue bag together
- additional recycling that won't fit inside your blue bag, can be presented inside suitable bags, do not use black sacks as this is associated with refuse and if the crew can't see what has been presented, they will not be able to take the additional bags
- if you have additional cardboard/paper on a regular basis, you can request an additional blue bag.
- the crew will empty the paper/cardboard out of the blue bag into a separate wheelie bin, this is then emptied into the vehicle.
Download a copy of the what goes in your bins and containers - information leaflet.
- greeting cards
- junk mail
- phone directories (for example yellow pages)
- shredded paper
- toilet/kitchen roll tubes.
We can't take:
- waxed cardboard (fruit juice/long life milk cartons).
Your item not listed above
If you are still unsure of what to put in each bin, please search our A to Z of recycling and rubbish, which provides a whole range of individual household items with details of how to dispose or recycle them.
If you have extra rubbish or recycling you can take it to one of our household recycling centres.
Last updated: 4.22pm on Thursday 12 December 2019