- we stopped replacing blue boxes in April 2014, please place all cardboard and paper in the blue bag together.
- additional recycling that won't fit inside your blue bag, can be presented inside suitable bags or if you are able to, please flatten/rip your cardboard down to the size of your blue bag then fold this flat and secure it under your blue bag when presenting for scheduled collection.
- please do not put cardboard/paper in black sacks as this is associated with refuse and if the crew can't see what has been presented, they will not be able to take the additional bags.
- if you have additional cardboard/paper on a regular basis, complete our online form to request an additional blue bag.
- the crew will empty the paper/cardboard out of the blue bag into a separate wheelie bin, this is then emptied into the vehicle.
If you have large card the collection crew can only collect this if it is no larger than the size of a wheelie bin, please ensure your large card is torn/folded down to the size of the wheelie bin and secure it next to your blue bag on your recycling collection day, alternatively you can take your large card to either of the household recycling centres (HRCs) or arrange a bulk collection, if possible, please keep the cardboard dry to help with the recycling process.
Please note: polystyrene cannot be recycled with your cardboard, please place inside the red top bin.
- greeting cards
- junk mail
- phone directories (for example yellow pages)
- shredded paper
- toilet/kitchen roll tubes.
We can't take:
- waxed cardboard (fruit juice/long life milk cartons)
- pizza takeaway boxes.
Is your item not listed above?
If you are still unsure of what to put in each bin, please search our A to Z directory of recycling and rubbish, which provides a whole range of individual household items with details of how to dispose or recycle them.
Last updated: 30/09/2022 09:09