- we stopped replacing blue boxes in April 2014, please place all cardboard and paper in the blue bag together.
- additional recycling that won't fit inside your blue bag, can be presented inside suitable bags or if you are able to, please flatten/rip your cardboard down to the size of your blue bag then fold this flat and secure it under your blue bag when presenting for scheduled collection.
- please do not put cardboard/paper in black sacks as this is associated with refuse and if the crew can't see what has been presented, they will not be able to take the additional bags.
- if you have additional cardboard/paper on a regular basis, complete our online form to request an additional blue bag.
- the crew will empty the paper/cardboard out of the blue bag into a separate wheelie bin, this is then emptied into the vehicle.
- greeting cards
- junk mail
- phone directories (for example yellow pages)
- shredded paper
- toilet/kitchen roll tubes.
We can't take:
- waxed cardboard (fruit juice/long life milk cartons)
- pizza takeaway boxes.
Is your item not listed above?
If you are still unsure of what to put in each bin, please search our A to Z directory of recycling and rubbish, which provides a whole range of individual household items with details of how to dispose or recycle them.
Last updated: 08/04/2022 12:02