Adult social care complaints

This process can be used for anyone who wants to make a complaint or raise concerns about the service they have received (or about any actions or decisions made) by Adult Social Care. You can ask someone to make a complaint for you as long as you give them consent to act on your behalf and they are acting in your best interest.

Complaints about matters that are not directly connected with Adult Social Care will generally be handled within the Council's corporate complaints procedure.

There is only one stage to the complaints process. When a complaint is received, an officer from the Customer Relationship team will contact you and explain how the complaint will be investigated. At this point, a timescale for our response will be agreed - this can be from 25 to a maximum of 65 working days. More information is available on the Adult Social Care complaints procedure.

If you remain unhappy after you have received our response to your complaint, you have the right to approach the Local Government Ombudsman.

If you would like further information about the Adult Social Care complaints process, please contact us.

Last updated: 07/03/2019 09:26

  1. Introduction
  2. Make a complaint
  3. Contact