As part of the Council's 'Pride in Our Community' investment programme between 2018 and 2022 we are investing over £50m in creating a better borough with improvements to roads, footpaths, street lights, road signs, highways structures and green spaces. View the full capital programme.
In 2019/20 it is the Council's aim to further improve our road network and highway assets. Over £5m will be invested into delivering major resurfacing schemes across the borough this year. These improvements will be achieved in partnership with the Council's new highways contractor Balfour Beatty.
Prior to works commencing, detailed project information will be accessible below. Major schemes include:
- St Georges Road Roundabout
- Colliers Way Roundabout
- Randlay/Stirchley Avenue Roundabout
- A53223 Whitchurch Drive
- Halesfield 10
- Mossey green Roundabout
- Brockton Way
- A4169 Brockton to Castlefields
- Trench Lock Interchange
- Apley Roundabout
- Cuckoo Oak Roundabout
- Brockton Slip Roads
- Hadley Park Roundabout
- Old Park Roundabout
- A442 Randlay to Stirchley (Southbound).
Road Maintenance: Donnington Patching and Concrete Joint Repairs
A programme of Patching, Concrete Joint Repairs and Minor Kerbing Works are due to begin on 9 December 2019 for 2 weeks. The work is, however, weather dependant and the programme dates shown may be subject to change. The funding for the work has come from the Council’s highway capital programme as part of its ‘Pride in Our Community’ programme to make the borough a better place to live, work and visit. The Project is being delivered by our principal contractor Balfour Beatty with sub-contractors for Patching & Kerbing (CR Macdonald), Concrete Joint Repairs (Rhino), Traffic Management (Quantum) and lining (WJ UK).
Detailed Works Programme
- Road closures will be used at most sites with a combination of temporary traffic signals as this allows for works to be completed quickly, safely and efficiently and to minimise disruption.
- Access for residents will be maintained throughout the works as well as access to Donnington Wood Junior School, however road closures to through traffic will be in place for most sites. Any traffic management used will be in place for the duration of the scheme dates to facilitate the works.
- Diversion routes and phasing plans can be found below.
- Where closures are in force, a diversion will be signed on site.
- All properties with frontages onto the site or where a cul de sac is within the site will receive a letter from Telford and Wrekin Council.
- Advanced information signs will be placed on each site 2 weeks prior to works commencing.
Donnington - Park Road, West Avenue and Winifreds Drive
We are planning to carry out patching, concrete joint repairs and minor kerbing works to improve the condition of the highway.
- Start date: 9 December 2019
- End date: 20 December 2019.
Proposed Traffic Management Arrangements
All traffic will be managed using road closures and diversions. Access will be maintained to residents and to Donnington Wood Junior School throughout.
Proposed working hours
- 8am - 6pm.
Last updated: 4.04pm on Friday 6 December 2019