Health Protection have moved to a new way for our customers to register an enquiry or complaint
Anyone wishing to log a enquiry or complaint relating to Food or Health and Safety can now do so by visiting our new portal, rather than calling our Contact Centre. Please use our online form.
The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (FHRS) will help you choose where to eat out or shop for food by giving you information about the hygiene standards in restaurants, pubs, cafes, takeaways, hotels, and other places you eat out. Supermarkets and other food shops are also included in the scheme.
The scheme is run by the Council in partnership with the Food Standards Agency.
Each business is given a ‘hygiene rating’ when it is inspected by our food safety officers. The hygiene rating shows how closely the business is meeting the requirements of food hygiene law.
Visit the Food Standards Agency website for hygiene ratings for Telford and Wrekin
It is extremely important for businesses operating in Telford and Wrekin to display the correct Food Hygiene Rating. The Consumer Protection Regulations 2008 specifically ban a trader from claiming that they have been approved, endorsed or authorised by a public body when they do not comply with the terms of the approval, endorsement or authorisation. Businesses should be mindful that a breach of the above regulations could result in prosecution.
Visit the Food Standards Agency website for more information about food hygiene ratings. View a selection of links from the Food Standards Agency website:
- view the guide for consumers from the Food Standards Agency website
- view the guide for businesses from the Food Standards Agency website
- visit the Food Standards Agency website for guidance for businesses
- visit the Food Standards Agency website for information about making an appeal against a rating
- visit the Food Standards Agency website for information on safer food, better business for caterers
- visit the Food Standards Agency website to search for food ratings in Telford and Wrekin
- view information about how to request a re-rating/re-visit.
Last updated: 12/12/2022 17:58