Our role in business advice is to enable local businesses to comply with current legislation.
Our business advice pages will cover many of the questions that you have.
Local businesses now have the opportunity to enter into a Primary Authority Partnership with the Council.
View our Primary Authority page which enables businesses to form a statutory partnership with a single local authority, which then provides reliable advice and coordinates inspections and enforcement.
View information about a package called 'Gain and Retain' which contains valuable advice and guidance before starting your business. This enables your business to get it right and is designed to assist you in obtaining the highest possible Food Hygiene Rating.
Please use the following links for information and advise on:
- view our setting up a food business page for more information and advice
- view our starting up a catering business from home page for more information and advice
- view our advice for mobile food businesses page for more information and advice
- view our food inspections page for more information and advice
- view our Food Hygiene Rating Scheme page for more information and advice
- view our Food Safety Management Systems page for more information and advice
- view our food samples page for more information and advice.
Visit the Food Standards Agency (FSA) website for information on food businesses in light of 'Brexit' and to help businesses to prepare for the UK leaving the EU.
In addition the FSA has prepared some useful information how to report, respond and prevent an incident, including how to withdraw or recall unsafe food products. Visit the FSA website for more information on food incidents, product withdrawals and recalls.
Last updated: 05/10/2022 17:46