Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Concerns about workplace safety

The law requires employers and the self-employed to conduct their business in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons are not exposed to risks to their health and safety. This includes providing essential welfare facilities for employees. 

If you consider that your employer (or someone else's) work activity is putting your safety at risk or damaging your health, then you should raise your concerns with that employer or person. If no improvement is made and the problem continues, then you can report your complaint to the relevant enforcing authority.

The enforcement of health and safety law is split between the Council and the Health and Safety Executive.

This table displays who is responsible for each type of business.
Telford & Wrekin Council Health and Safety Executive
Shops Factories
Offices Building sites
Hairdressers Car repair
Cinemas Garages
Hotels Workshops
Leisure activities Printers
Warehouses Hospitals
Tyre and exhaust centres Dentists
Consumer services (for example, launderettes) Doctors surgeries
Churches Schools and universities
Beauty parlours Dry cleaners
Residential homes Fairgrounds
  Mines and quarries
  Chemical plants
  Council owned premises

Last updated: 23/08/2023 14:09

  1. Introduction
  2. Contact