Universal deferred payment agreement

If you own your property and become a permanent resident at a care home, but want the Council to pay for some of your care costs you can ask us to consider entering into a universal deferred payment agreement with you.

If you meet the criteria for a universal deferred payment agreement we will be able to defer part of the cost of care, minus your contribution, against the value of the property.

If we are able to agree to your request, the Council will place a ‘Legal Charge’ on your property so that the money can be paid to the Council when your home is sold or when you die.

You might think about applying for a Universal Deferred Payment Agreement. You can find out more by reading the universal deferred payment agreement advice and information pack.

If you decide that you would like to apply for a universal deferred payment agreement you can download the deferred payment application form to start to fill it in yourself.

Please be aware that this will incur some additional administration costs and interest will be charged against the amount deferred.

Last updated: 14/05/2019 11:03