Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Universal Deferred Payment Agreement (UDPA)

If you own your property and become a permanent resident at a care home, but want the Council to pay for some of your care costs you can ask us to consider entering into a UDPA with you. 

If you meet the criteria for a UDPA we will be able to defer part of the cost of care, minus your contribution, against the value of the property.

If we are able to agree to your request, the Council will place a ‘legal charge’ on your property so that the money can be paid to the Council when your home is sold or when you die.

Download the UDPA advice and information pack

Complete our online form for a UDPA application

Please note: you will incur some additional administration costs and interest, which will be charged against the amount deferred.

Last updated: 04/08/2022 14:08