Changes coming to Civil Parking Enforcement

Please don’t make us give you a parking ticket. From 31 January 2020 we will be able to issue fines. Please park legally and considerately.

Changes coming to Civil Parking Enforcement

Getting an assessment

Initially we will need to have a discussion with you to find out information.

From this discussion:

  • we will determine what type of help you are looking for, this will also help us determine what type of assessment is needed
  • we will work out what would help you to live independently
  • we will provide, signpost or refer you to information and advice services
  • we will let you know about services and support available locally in the community to help and support you.

Care Act assessment: a Care Act assessment is when we will discuss with you, your family, friends, carer or advocate, your situation and how you are managing everyday activities. This could include managing your personal care, getting out and about and being part of the community or household tasks that you are no longer able to do.

This will help us to understand what you are able to do and what support you may need to carry on living independently. For more information view our care act assessment information page.

Occupational therapy assessment: occupational therapy assess you and your home environment to help identify issues that need adapting to enable you to live confidently, safely and as independently as possible.

We will work with you to maximise your independence, using various techniques and offering equipment on loan, however if your needs are more complex and long term, adaptations to your property will be considered. For more information view our occupational therapy assessment information page.

Carers assessment: if you provide unpaid informal care to family or friends, you may wish to have a Carers assessment. A carer’s assessment provides you with the opportunity to identify what information; advice and support will be beneficial to you by reflecting on your situation. For more information view the Looking after someone information page.

Last updated: 8.50am on Wednesday 29 May 2019