This haven for wildlife is an area of 41 hectares of green open space in the north west corner of Telford.
Download the Dothill leaflet Download the Telford 50 tree trail walk Visit the Friends of Dothill Website
Things to see and do
Small enough to explore within a few hours, yet large enough to be a peaceful retreat from everyday life. Dothill nature reserve includes wetlands and pools, historic canal sections, woodlands, grasslands and streams. It's a place where bird and amphibian life thrives and is also easily accessible to all.
There are various walks around the reserve, including the 50 tree trail and the shorter, circular route the three bridge way while the henge provides a focal point and central place to meet, where the friends group hold various events throughout the year.
Visit the Friends of Dothill Local Nature Reserve website for more information on the 50 tree trail
Visit the Friends of Dothill Local Nature Reserve website for more information on three bridge way
We want everyone to be safe when visiting our sites that have water features within them.
We work closely with the Royal Life Saving Society on managing water safety on our sites and further details on advice can be found on the RLSS website.
When visiting this site, here are a few tips to keep safe around the water:
- keep out of the water at all times
- never allow children to play near the water unless accompanied by an adult
- don't run near the water, you may trip and fall in
- learn how to help in an emergency; if you see someone in trouble in the water never jump in yourself. Stay calm and phone for help. Some sites across the borough have water safety sites and equipment, please only use the equipment when required.
For more information on how to rescue a person from drowning please visit the RLSS website.
Dothill Local Nature Reserve
Parking is available in each of the following locations:
- on street parking at the dead end of Severn Drive, Dothill, Wellington, TF1 3JB
- on street parking at Donnerville Close, Wellington
- public car park (associated with the playing field) opposite Admaston House, Admaston.
The location of Dothill on Google maps
Last updated: 26/10/2022 10:30