Originally declared as a Local Nature Reserve in 1992 and extended in 2015, Telford Town Park Local Nature Reserve occupies a 92 hectare portion of the larger award winning town park. Over 14 miles of cycle friendly footpaths weave visitors past pools and lakes and through meadows, heaths and woodland – urban rewilding at its very best!
Things to see and do
This award winning park and local nature reserve can be found at the heart of Telford. The south of the site has a vast array of things to do from the SkyReach high ropes course, adventure and disc golf and a number of play areas catering for all age groups. The site is home to the formal Maxell and Chelsea gardens and to the south 14 miles of cycle friendly pathways weave through the sites vast nature reserve.
We want everyone to be safe when visiting our sites that have water features within them.
We work closely with the Royal Life Saving Society on managing water safety on our sites and further details on advice can be found on the RLSS website.
When visiting this site, here are a few tips to keep safe around the water:
- keep out of the water at all times
- never allow children to play near the water unless accompanied by an adult
- don't run near the water, you may trip and fall in
- learn how to help in an emergency; if you see someone in trouble in the water never jump in yourself. Stay calm and phone for help. Some sites across the borough have water safety sites and equipment, please only use the equipment when required.
Telford Town Park
There are car parks located around Telford Town Park:
- Dark Lane car park - TF3 4HD
- Southwater multi-storey car park - TF3 4EJ
- Brown Elm car park - TF3 4BX.
The location of Telford Town Park on Google maps
View the location of Telford Town Park on Google Maps:
Last updated: 16/06/2023 09:51