Dale End Park is situated in a busy rural area to the South of Telford and serves the communities of Ironbridge and Coalbrookdale, it is also visited by regional and national visitors due to the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge. Surrounded primarily by the Gorge and the River Severn. The Park was formally a recreation ground from 1870 and designated as a formal park in 1970. The park has excellent landscape value and is dominated by specimen trees, formal and informal planting as well as the beautiful view of the Gorge creating an overall landscape value and character created by its surroundings. The site has been used as a formal recreation area since 1870, when the Rowing Club was founded and the annual regatta (a long established and popular event). Present recreational value of the park to visitors and more local users is recognised with particular relations to its floral displays, riverside walks, and the events and sports provision provided by the regatta field.
Facilities and features
- Play area.
- Sports fields on the regatta playing fields.
- Formal bedding.
- Conservation areas.
We want everyone to be safe when visiting our sites that have water features within them.
We work closely with the Royal Life Saving Society on managing water safety on our sites and further details on advice can be found at:
Water Safety Advice | Royal Life Saving Society UK ( RLSS UK )
When visiting this site, here are a few tips to keep safe around the water:
- Keep out of the water at all times
- Never allow children to play near the water unless accompanied by an adult
- Don't run near the water, you may trip and fall in
- Learn how to help in an emergency; if you see someone in trouble in the water never jump in yourself. Stay calm and phone for help. Some sites across the borough have water safety sites and equipment, please only use the equipment when required.
For more information on how to rescue a person from drowning please visit:
How to rescue someone from drowning | Royal Life Saving Society UK ( RLSS UK )
Dale End Park
- There is a car park located in Dale End Park.
- There are multple disabled parking bays located in Dale End Park.
- Alternatively there is another car park located at Wharfage car park, TF8 7NH.
The location of Dale End Park on Google maps
Last updated: 08/02/2023 09:38