The aim of the Telford & Wrekin Mayoral Fund is to support the local community by making grants for the benefit of local voluntary organisations undertaking charitable activity in support of individuals in need within the borough of Telford and Wrekin.
What will the Fund support?
The Fund will support a wide range of charitable activity and projects with primary focus on social needs, disadvantage and deprivation. In particular it will seek to assist the small local voluntary organisations who are undertaking valuable work in the community but do not have the required resources for seeking funds. The fund will also reflect the particular interests and themes of Mayor for his/her year of office but will broadly follow these priorities:
- Children and Young People
- The Elderly and Vulnerable
- Those with Special Needs
In choosing his own theme of 'Building Bridges' this year’s Mayor, Cllr Raj Mehta has decided to focus on community and voluntary groups working to support the multi-faith community and broaden diversity.
The fund will not normally support:
- Animal Charities
- Statutory Organisations i.e. schools, hospitals
- Those applying for equipment that would become the responsibility of a statutory authority
- Replacement of statutory funding
- Political campaigning or narrowly religious activity
- Requests for sponsorship
- Purely social activities i.e. outings, trips, parties and group meals (these are unlikely to be funded although projects can be considered for funding where these activities are incidental)
- Capital building costs or pay salaries for workers (although applications for access adaptations may be considered depending on the circumstances)