Website Improvements

We are currently developing the website to improve our information, the way you can find information and to deliver more services online allowing you to access those services in a way that suits you.

View details of the location of Southwater One - the home of our new First Point and library.

Street parties

Street party information and advice

An illustration of bunting

Telford & Wrekin Council recognise that street parties can be a traditional way of helping communities to celebrate being part of a neighbourhood or community, we hope this guide will help you to make the process of applying to hold an event simple.

Street parties often take place on public highways and arrangements need to be made in advance to ensure that closing the road or pavement would not have an impact on traffic flows or bus services.

The Council also needs to be sure that any proposed road closure does not conflict with any other maintenance or utility work that may be happening.  For these reasons we are asking people to make any requests for road closures at least six weeks before the date of the planned street party.

Arrangements will also need to be in place to ensure that the emergency services continue to have access to all routes and are aware of any planned closures.

For advice and information about how to apply to hold a street party please see the pages listed below, as well as our Guide to Organising Community Events - designed to give useful information to local community event organisers about how to successfully organise an event.

Last updated 13/03/2012

How do you rate this page?

Traffic Management

Address: Telford & Wrekin Council
Darby House
Lawn Central

Tel: 01952 384000


New for you graphic

Information on...