Our social work framework
In line with the British Association of Social Workers (BASW) capability framework for Social Work, we recognise the importance of experience and knowledge in our Social Workers.
We have used the BASW framework to introduce levels of Social Work within our service.
Our induction plan
Adult Social Care has a dedicated Induction plan which has been developed with staff to incorporate what's important. When you start in your new role your Managers will work through this with you to ensure you get the best start to your new career.
The induction plan includes lists of key contacts and partner agencies that you will arrange contact with.
Our training and development plan
Our dedicated training and development plan for Adult Social Care includes:
- Pre-Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) and Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualification.
- Best Interest Assessor (BIA) qualification (qualification will be transferred as appropriate under LPS).
- Practice Educator training.
- Dedicated Mental Health Act (MHA) training (in specialist areas including Occupational Therapy (OT).
- Emotional resilience and staff wellbeing.
We value training to be across the board to ensure that all front line workers are supported to do their job.
Our promise to you is that you will have dedicated time on a monthly basis for Continued Professional Development. Consideration is also given for training needs to support our specialist roles for example learning disabilities, autism and dementia.
We have a dedicated Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) programme to support practising AMHP's.
- work with our higher education partners to deliver the Social Work Apprenticeship Programme and the Occupational Therapy apprenticeship programme.
- encourage peer reflection within teams, shared learning with front line staff taking the lead within forums.
- support a Social Care Practitioner Programme.
Last updated: 12/01/2023 09:44