All goods intended to be used by consumers which are in the marketplace must be safe in use, and where necessary accompanied by instructions and warning notices.
Trading Standards is responsible for ensuring that all members of the community are protected from risk of injury arising from the supply of unsafe goods.
We do this by:
- sampling and testing a wide range of consumer goods
- investigating consumer complaints
- investigating accidents and injuries caused by consumer goods
- prohibiting the supply of goods found to be unsafe
- advising business on how to comply with the law
- responding to national alerts
- latest news on product safety recalls.
View more information about product safety in the guides available on the Business Companion website.
Last updated: 20/10/2017 12:26