Worried about money?

There’s lots we can do to help. Find out what support is on offer.

Useful telephone numbers and links

Initial advice and signposting for landlords and tenants

Telford & Wrekin Council (Private Sector Housing)

Landlord and Tenant Co-ordinator
Email: ltc@telford.gov.uk

Advice on disrepair, housing legislation, including HMO licensing

Telford & Wrekin Council (Private Sector Housing)

Email: privatesectorhousing@telford.gov.uk
Telephone: 01952 381818 

Report property disrepair

Telford & Wrekin Council (Private Sector Housing)

Report online: visit our online portal to report online

Apply for a HMO Licence

Telford & Wrekin Council (Private Sector Housing)

Apply online: view information about HMO's

Report a rogue landlord

Telford & Wrekin Council (Private Sector Housing)

Report online: complete our online form to report a rogue landlord 
Email: rogue@telford.gov.uk
Telephone: 01952 381818

Advice on affordable warmth for households

Telford & Wrekin Council (Private Sector Housing)

Website: view information about affordable warmth for households

Empty property advice and concerns

Email: empty.homes@telford.gov.uk
Report online: view our empty properties page to report online

Tenancy advice

Telford & Wrekin Council (Tenancy Relations)

Telephone: 01952 381875 / 01952 381877


Telford & Wrekin Council (Housing Solutions)

Telephone: 01952 381925

Fire safety advice

Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service 

Email: enquiries@shropshirefire.gov.uk
Telephone: 01743 260200

Antisocial Behaviour (ASB)

Telford & Wrekin Council (ASB) 

Report online: view information on ASB
Telephone: 01952 384384

Planning - report untidy land and unauthorised works

Telford & Wrekin Council (Planning) 

Report online: view information on how to report online on our planning enforcement page
Telephone: 01952 380380

Public Protection - report statutory nuisance such as rubbish accumulations, noise, smoke and odour

Telford & Wrekin Council (Public Protection) 

Report online: view information about how to report statutory nuisances online
Telephone: 01952 381818 

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support advice for tenants and landlords

Telford & Wrekin Council (Benefits) 

To begin a claim, to report a change of circumstances or for general information view our benefits section
Telephone: 01952 383838
Email: benefit.service@telford.gov.uk

Discretionary Housing Payment - extra help to pay your rent

Telford & Wrekin Council (Benefits) 

Apply online: view our Discretionary Housing Payment page to apply online
Telephone: 01952 383858
Email: DHP@telford.gov.uk

Household Support Fund - to support residents who are struggling financially

Telford & Wrekin Council (Benefits) 

Apply online: view information about the household support fund
Email: householdsupportfund@telford.gov.uk

Universal Credit

Department of Work and Pensions 

Apply online: visit the GOV.UK website to apply online for universal credit
Helpline: 0800 328 5644 

Citizens Advice - confidential information and advice relating to issues such as debt and housing

Citizens Advice

Website:  visit the Citizens Advice website
Telephone: 0800 144 8848

Shelter - personalised help with housing issues and homelessness


Website: visit the Shelter England website
Telephone: 0808 800 4444

Age UK - provide support, companionship and advice for older people

Age UK

Website: visit the Age UK website
Telephone: 0800 678 1602

Last updated: 11/01/2023 16:13