- ensure all recycling is rinsed out (where appropriate) and placed directly into the purple top bin.
- don't put any plastic bags in the recycling bin, we can't recycle these.
- additional recycling that won't fit inside your purple top bin, can be presented inside suitable bags, next to your purple top bin on your scheduled collection day, please do not use black sacks as this is associated with refuse and if the crew can't see what recycling has been presented, they may not be able to take the additional recycling.
- if you have extra recycling on a regular basis, please complete our online form to request an additional purple top bin.
- please do not place your blue bag or any cardboard/paper inside the purple top bin as this is collected separately.
We can take:
- food and drink cans
- foil containers
- glass bottle and jars, including the lids
- plastic bottles of all types including lids
- food trays and pots including black plastic
- fruit and vegetable punnets (please remove netting and film coverings).
We can't take:
- hard plastic such as toys, washing up bowls, buckets, etc.
- bubble wrap
- party plates and cups
- plastic plant pots
- polystyrene foam
- plastic bags and cling film (wrap)
- shredded paper
- crisp packets
- paints and thinners
- food waste (including pizza take away boxes)
- Glass ornaments
- Glass windowpanes
- Pyrex glass
- Picture frame glass
Is your item not listed above?
If you are still unsure of what to put in each bin, please search our A to Z directory of recycling and rubbish, which provides a whole range of individual household items with details of how to dispose or recycle them.
Last updated: 02/09/2022 16:46