- Home composting is an excellent way to manage your garden waste, especially if you produce lots on a regular basis, view more information about home composting.
- you can take any extra garden waste to either of our household recycling centres (HRCs), they are open 7 days a week, between 9am - 5pm, view more information about our HRCs.
- to prevent any garden waste sticking to the bottom of your bin you can line the base with a sheet of newspaper
- you can also place up to 4 bags of additional green waste in suitable biodegradable sacks next to your green bin on your scheduled collection day, do not use black sacks as this is associated with refuse and if the crew can't see what waste has been presented, they will not be able to take the additional bags.
- grass cuttings
- dead flowers and plants
- hedge clippings
- prunings and cuttings
- small branches.
We can't take:
- dog and cat litter
- animal bedding (including straw, hay, sawdust, wood shavings, paper)
- food waste (for example vegetable peelings, tea bags, etc.)
- old clothing
- sacks or bin liners
- soil and rubble
- wood ie timber/fencing/posts/panels
Is your item not listed above?
If you are still unsure of what to put in each bin, please search our A to Z directory of recycling and rubbish, which provides a whole range of individual household items with details of how to dispose or recycle them.
Last updated: 06/02/2023 10:36