- Home Composting - this is an excellent way to manage your garden waste, especially if you produce lots on a regular basis.
- you can take any extra garden waste to either of our Household Recycling Centres, they are open 7 days a week, between 9am-5pm.
- to prevent any garden waste sticking to the bottom of your bin you can line the base with a sheet of newspaper
- you can also place up to 4 bags of additional green waste in suitable biodegradable sacks next to your green bin on your scheduled collection day, do not use black sacks as this is associated with refuse and if the crew can't see what waste has been presented, they will not be able to take the additional bags.
Download a copy of the what goes in your bins and containers - information leaflet.
- grass cuttings
- dead flowers and plants
- hedge clippings
- prunings and cuttings
- small branches.
We can't take:
- dog and cat litter
- animal bedding
- food waste (for example vegetable peelings, tea bags, etc.)
- old clothing
- sacks or bin liners
- soil and rubble
- wood ie timber/fencing/posts/panels
Your item not listed above
If you are still unsure of what to put in each bin, please search our A to Z of recycling and rubbish, which provides a whole range of individual household items with details of how to dispose or recycle them.
If you have extra rubbish or recycling you can take it to one of our household recycling centres.